Search This Blog

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Top Five Wedding Planning Websites...

I was trying to get through two of my BFF’s weddings before I planned my own. Here’s my list of sites that I’ve used to help plan my friend’s weddings, they all live far from me and I’ve had to plan many a wedding online. Now, I’m finally starting on my own and am looking to these to help me out. Hopefully, this list will help anyone that needs to plan a wedding!
1
The Knot
The ultimate one-stop shop for B2Bs (bride-to-be’s) and most popular of all the sites, The Knot covers everything. It has an iPhone App, Wedding911, checklists for everything, a timeline of to-do’s, every piece of advice possible, wedding websites, and everything else you could possibly need.
2
Brides.com
Brides.com has great ideas for favors, DIY, dresses, beauty, etc. It has a way for you to save the images of dresses, make-up, cakes, etc that you like so that you don’t have to worry about where to find it when you come back to the site.
3
Real Simple Weddings
I love everything Real Simple- it is one of my fave magazines because it seems to solve all life’s problems um….really simply. I also love how it focuses on DIY because in this economy, that’s what we have to do. For their weddings (which is both a part of the realsimple.com website and a magazine), they help to squash all of your wedding anxieties.
4
OneWed.com
Budget tips, advice from other brides, “savvy steals and deals”, share your photos and your wedding journey, a matchmaking system to match you with the perfect vendors, favors/accessories/fashion/etc in their store and all sorts of fun things to cover your wedding needs.
5
WeddingChannel.com
An upcoming actual television channel, the website actually feels like it covers everything. I’m new to the site so I’ll have to add more when I discover more. It covers trends in cake, colors, themes, etc; it covers DIY, celebrity weddings, wedding supplies, vendors, you can create a registry, what to get the bride for each pre-wedding party, how to plan those parties, and pretty much everything else you could want.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment