Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2009

The Dreaded Guestlist....

I asked both our moms for their lists and wanted to wait until I had that in hand until I started the list but, they both have a lot on their plates with family illness and the holidaze. F and I decided to tackle the dreaded list on our own without alcohol or any family input...that should be easy, right?

F added many of the names that I had expected, seeing as I've actually hung out with or at least met them. But, then came a name of someone I've never heard of nor have I met. It didn't make a difference to me that she's a she, well not that much of a difference. But, the fact that he wanted to include this girl that I'd never even heard of in the three years of our relationship or have met when we've hung out with his other friends, struck me as odd. Who is this girl? Why have I never heard her name before? Why would you invite someone that doesn't even warrant a mention in three years to our wedding? Weird, right? So, I asked him:

"Who is this chick? Why have you never brought her up before?"
"I used to hang out with her with Mikey before I met you," he explained.
"Oh, well, it's fine if she's some old childhood friend that I've never met. You've never met Heidi or Heather and I want to invite them. I just find it strange that you want to invite some girl you used to hang out with as an adult and have never brought up to me in three years to our wedding. If you wanted to go to lunch, fine...have a great lunch but, our wedding? It's just weird. How would you feel if I was like, I want to invite Bob to our wedding and you've never even heard of him?"
"I could see how you would think that but, she's an old friend and we're just adding everyone now and then, trimming it down, right? It's not like I'm going to invite anyone I've hooked up with to the wedding."  
Well, no you've told me all their names...
"I know and you're right we're adding everyone and then will trim people off our 'B' list," I said while thinking that girl is definitely on our "B" list.

So, that's what I did. We tried to guess on who our moms would want to add and added them. Now, we're up to 120 and our limit is 100, for budget's sake. I guess that takes care of mystery woman but, I did tell F that if we couldn't invite her to the the wedding, we should try to have lunch with her sometime. Now I know why people usually pour a couple glasses of wine while they try to figure out their guestlist.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment