Search This Blog

Friday, December 4, 2009

For All Your Wedding Emergencies- Wedding911 is Your iPhone Response Team

If you’re newly engaged, planning a wedding for yourself or a friend, going to a wedding or have wedding emergencies (they happen way too often!), Wedding 911, The Knot’s free iPhone app is your personal wedding advisor. I’ve planned my friends’ weddings, I’ve been either a bridesmaid or maid of honor in more weddings than I can count (I think I may have been the indirect inspiration for 27 Dresses) and embarking on my own wedding adventure, I decided to pool all available resources. That’s when I discovered Wedding911 from The Knot in my app store for the magical price of FREE. Since The Knot is everyone’s go-to wedding website and it has saved my friends’ weddings, I immediately downloaded it.

Ask Carley is your first option, Carley is The Knot’s editor and with her experience, she can conquer any wedding breakdown you’re experiencing. She has the most popular question and answers separated into: Etiquette, Ceremony, Reception, Fashion/Beauty, Saving $$/DIY, Bridesmaids, Honeymoons and Vent (where bride-to-be’s can vent about what vexes them most and find an answer). Questions range on how to invite divorced parents that are remarried and seat them at the reception to the hottest honeymoon spots to what you should do if you can’t stand your fiancé’s family to who pays for what and everything in between.
If you’ve ever wondered if you were alone in wondering about tattooing your future husband’s initials on your left wrist or what colors will go with Tiffany blue or why your BFF suddenly wants the same exact wedding you want, you aren’t.

The 911 portion of the app is for brides to ask any question to a community of brides and get honest answers. This is my favorite portion of the app, not only do you not feel like a freak for not knowing anything about weddings but, you get incredibly helpful advice from women that have been there/done that or are going through the same issue.

Then, you have the option to post your question. You have to pick a category that your question belongs and you have 500 characters to ask it. I’ve asked about having kids at the wedding and received a mixed response from 20 brides, most believe I shouldn’t. Though helpful, I’m not listening, it would be way too difficult and possibly dramatic to deal with not having kids there. But, it’s nice to have a community of people to turn to with ANY question.They have a My911 tab so you can keep tabs on the questions you’ve asked.

With Wedding911, I’ve received so much helpful advice that I have become somewhat addicted to it and check it almost every day. Some are humorous like the tattoo mentioned above, some are heartfelt like when a “B2B” (bride to be) wanted to honor her mother who had died of breast cancer and they’re all real which is so much better than an “expert” because you know that they’re not paid to push a certain agenda.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment