Search This Blog

Monday, December 28, 2009

My Break So Far...

The break has been so relaxing but at the same time an intense whirlwind. Here's what I have done so far...
  • Went sledding in Cedar Falls with about 7 people and my brother.
  • Picked up Nicole and Chris (sister and brother-in-law) from the Minneapolis airport as they came home from India. (our bodies were damaged as we rammed into each other while hugging)
  • Went to Culvers and watched Nicole and Chris eat their first bite of beef in months.
  • Went to the Farley house for Matt's birthday party. Everyone was home. It was so fun.
  • Went to Lianne's baby shower at the Farley's. It was so fun to see Mike and her excitement for the baby and to see how cute she is with her baby belly!
  • Hung out with a bunch of High School friends at Tyler Olson's house and played a bunch of fun games and caught up on life.
  • Hung out with Jenscie, Bailey, and Emily from high school and made almond bark covered pretzels while talking.
  • Had a family Christmas game day. We had five different games and we did tournaments all day long. I was the champion of the connect four tournament, but I lost everything else.
  • As a family, we went to visit our old neighbor in the nursing home.
  • We opened gifts as a family and just loved being together
  • Went up to the Stellmaker side for Christmas. It was quite different because it was the first Christmas without Grandma but still really fun. Nicole and I looked through a bunch of her old sewing supplies and had a lot of memories of things that she had made for us throughout her life.
  • Went to church at my Grandma's church with my family, grandpa, and cousin.
  • Traveled over to my uncle and aunt's house on my mom's side. The traveling during this whole trip was quite exciting. We only have a hatch back car and so one of us had to ride in the trunk with all the luggage packed around them.
  • Had a very informal Christmas with my uncle, aunt, cousins and their 2 kids, and my family. It was small but really good. We did a lot of laughing, laying around, singing, playing of the piano, and much more.
  • And currently I am sitting at Panera with slow jazz in the background with my sister as we work on our to-do list and have fun sister time.

No comments:

Post a Comment