Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

THE BLIZZARD!!!!! Watch out here it comes...

So as I was driving to school the other day, the radio forecast came on describing a huge blizzard that was going to be coming through with thunder snow and turning in to the biggest storm we've had in years. I was pretty pumped but also a bit skeptical because of how often the weather people are wrong, but this time they were right on. It started Tuesday afternoon with lots of flurries and slowly became worse and worse, but I had bible study on Tuesday night so I had to get to campus. So, even though Matt told me that it would be a bad idea and that I would get stuck, I still went. After wards I had to finish up some homework with Sam Kantak and so we were doing that until about 8:30. At that time, her roommate's boyfriend called and said he was stuck right outside the dorm, so we took that as a "calling" to go bundle all up and play in the snow while trying to get him out. Soon I realized that there was no way of getting back to my apartment that night, so I decided just to stay with Sam and Emily in there room. It was so much fun!

Adam's car "stuck" in the parking lot


me in the snow!

Me and Emily

Then this morning, at 5:45 we all got texts saying that school had been cancelled!!! YAHOO!!!! How great, so we went to lunch in our pajamas, read books, watched TV and did some homework all morning. Then at about 2:15, I decided it was time to make the trek home. But unfortunately, I found out that it was impossible to get into my apartment's parking lot due to feet of snow, so I had to be dropped off. After getting Matt's car unstuck from it's own parking spot, I went to pick up Matt from his dorm to bring me back. But once Matt was in the car, we got stuck in the middle of the road... and a snow plow was coming. Goodness gracious!!! It took us about 30 minutes to get out and slowing drove to my apartment. He dropped me off on the road and I trudged through the knee deep snow up to the doors and finally was safe and warm in my apartment. Maybe next time I should just listen to Matt huh?!?

Here's a few pictures of the 'damage'


No comments:

Post a Comment