Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

And so it begins....

You know when you first get engaged and you're SO EXCITED (!!!!!) and you want to join every wedding planning website out there and sign up for the countdown? Well, when it starts getting close- you don't get one email to freak out to, you get seven. I got my 8 months...what are you doing sitting there and doing nothing for your wedding, loser? email and a fire was lit under my ass. WOW! I need to get my dress, send out the STDs, block hotel rooms....OK, no problem- this is why I had a long engagement (thank God- since I'm a procrastinator and have school and work!) so that I wouldn't need to cram everything into one month.

The dress journey, I've let you know before and I'll let you know more after Sunday- the big day! I finally got F to get off his butt and assign a best man and get addresses, so the STDs are looking good but, I'll have to let you know when I figure out what I'm doing for it. I just spent the better part searching the Santa Barbara coast for all accomodation options to make sure that no one's offended or put out and that everyone's price point is respected. Yes, really! I included info for vacation rentals, a hostel and campgrounds LOL. I've been doing that for the better part of the day and I can't look at another hotel.

I realize that's how I get with most of the wedding planning bidness....I overdo it on one aspect of the day and then, get overwhelmed and slightly frustrated. Yes, I know the answer here is to break it up so it's much more fun- what a load of shit. Even if you break it up, it's still tedious and in no way shape fun. I think I'll start having fun when I get to the DIY portion of it and I've had a blast putting together the playlist but, the neverending details that you have to tend to to make sure some far off distant relative of your future hubby's that he never knew existed isn't inconvenienced is just a little much at times. I envy those who elope and LOLed when my BFF/MOH told me....ELOPE! In fact, every single bride/groom that's been in the throes of wedding planning has told me that. Now, I get it....

No comments:

Post a Comment