Search This Blog

Friday, July 2, 2010

We Booked Our Photographer!


So, I might just need to get that book LOL! We booked our photographer and videographer all for the lovely price of $2700. $2700 might seem a little steep to most people but, I was getting that quoted to me for only six hours of photography, so I'm pretty excited.

When I had first shopping photographers, I was so overwhelmed. All I knew is what I wanted but, there were SO many talented photogs out there- they were on Twitter, they were on The Knot, Facebook, blogs, EVERYWHERE! I was clueless about where to look, what to ask, who to trust and I would find mine in the most randomly obvious of all places- that oasis of wedding planning that is The Knot.

Originally, I had just started shopping photographers when I came across Bella Pictures via The Knot, of course! They had a contest for free wedding photography, so I entered because you never know when you'll win something. Anyhow, that's how they get your information to set up an appointment. Normally, that would bother me- it's kinda sneaky and a marketing ploy to take advantage of soon-to-be-weds. However, I did need a photographer and why not start now?

After flaking on them once, F and I finally made it to Starbucks to meet with our regional representative. We LOVED her! She had a great balance of personality and professionalism, so much so that I wished she was our photographer LOL. Their photographers and videographers fit our style perfectly.

We were definitely looking for a more photo-journalistic documentary approach to our big day. I wanted photos that show the little details (especially since I'll be spending the next 10 months stressing about them and then, not remembering them the day of) and captured the moments instead of just posed photos. That just happens to be Bella Pictures' specialty. We spent the next hour pouring over the albums and talking about the photo/videographers.

She let us know of a deal for only that weekend, for both 8 hours of photography and 6 hours of videography for $2700. My concern was about the talent. Sure, their work looked great but, how was I going to be assured that their personalities would match ours? How would I be assured that the work we saw would be the work we got on our day? She assured us that our satisfaction is guaranteed.

Bella Pictures allows you and your photographer to get on the same page by giving you plenty of online tools. First, there's the Style Assessment tool where you rate dozens of photos based on your preference. Based on those choices, they match you with your perfect photographer. If you aren't happy after meeting your photographer, Bella will match you with another until you are happy. Second, it's incredibly difficult to be a Bella photographer, they put you through testing and you have to do a certain number of apprentice weddings before you're even allowed to become a full-fledged Bella photographer. Finally, you have your own wedding website to dictate exactly what kind of photo/videographer you want. You're fully in charge and can change your mind no matter what.

So, we...well, I LOL...consulted a bunch of future brides and grooms as well as other friends that have gotten married and they all told me that this was a great deal. $2700 includes 8 hours of photography, DVD of high res images, all proofs and 6 hours of videography with a highlight reel and full coverage DVD. We jumped on it and now, officially can cross that off our lists! WOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment