Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Katrina & Dave's Sneak Peek

"We met on a motorcycle ride through a mutual friend on August 23, 2007. I ride a Ducati and he rides a Harley. I showed up for the motorcycle ride and we noticed each other instantly. We rode all day and flirted back and forth :) I told him that we would all be going to the lake a few days later and told him that he should come too. I got to the lake and there he was. We had fun camping for two days and that was when I learned that he would be leaving for Iraq in 2 days. I was invited to his going away party the next night but felt funny going not knowing anyone there.

The same friend who invited me on the motorcycle ride told me that she was going with her boyfriend to the party so I should come too. So........I went. One by one, people started leaving. Before I knew it, it was just he and I there, chatting the night away. He walked me to my truck and told me that he would give me a call when he got back from Iraq. I told him that he should give me a kiss goodbye and that was that...........I knew that he was worth waiting for. So, we basically knew each other for 6 days before he left for Iraq. I told him that I would wait for him until he got back so we could see where the relationship went :) We have been together ever since."

I am so excited to be a part of Katrina and Dave's wedding! It has been a long time in the planning, and it is nearly here! They will be married at the Air National Guard Base, here in Reno. The Base features a massive quadrangle lawn area that when adorned with pristine white tents, food and flowers galore, becomes the perfect venue from which to host a wedding and reception for 400 of your best friends and family members!

Dave and Katrina and Dave are such wonderful people, who are easy to be around, and make you feel comfortable the minute you meet them. I respect and admire you, Dave, for your wonderful service to our country, and I wish you and Katrina the most special wedding day possible, and a long life full of wonderful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment