Search This Blog

Sunday, July 18, 2010

An Affordable Day-Of Coordinator

Lesson learned, social media and wedding planning are a perfect marriage. I was on the hunt for a day-of coordinator for our Santa Barbara wedding. As many of you could guess, getting married in Santa Barbara isn't the most budget-friendly option. So, when our venue required a professional day-of coordinator but, didn't provide one, we were in a little bit of a bind. They gave us a list of resources that would be able to give us a deal. Oh, cool!

One-by-one I contacted their coordinators and the best deal I received was for $1800, for week-of coordination. Um, yeah....that's not going to happen unless you expect me to walk down the aisle naked and not have any flowers. I started to stress a bit...I had no clue what I'd gotten myself into and it made me hate the venue I had loved.

But, never fear! Duhdunduhdunnnnn....Twitterverse to the rescue! So, I had posted my little fit on Twitter. Lo and behold, I got answers I needed from a most gracious bride-to-be (because of Twitter errors I can't recover her handle but, will definitely list it here as soon as that error's fixed). She was so great and gave me five links to coordinators that were all under $1800!

Finally, I contacted Aimee with Devotion to Details and she's the winner! Or at least I hope she feels that way LOL...for the wonderful bargain price of $600 (yes that's a third of the cheapest of references from Fess Parker's), she's going to handle everything the week-of, up to our rehearsal and our entire wedding day. I'm so relieved and happy. I'm so glad that I decided to shop around, trust me, working for a deal is definitely worth it. Don't settle for anything for your big day and don't be afraid to fight for a good deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment