Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Birthday Continued



Ok here is the promised birthday post... enjoy seeing how incredible the people in my life are...

So instead of just a 1 day birthday, I got 5!!! Each day I was presented with a letter from Matt explaining what was happening that day and what the theme was...\

Day 1- New Found Romance
-This day was dedicated to remembering when Matt and I started dating so we went out with our friends, Jon and Trista, who at the time had been dating for 4 days. We went bowling and watched part of Wolverine. This day Matt gave me some funds for my India trip!

Day 2- The Parents
-My parents came up for my concert and to celebrate. They brought Cindy Shearer too. After the concert, my parents, Cindy, Matt and I went out to Bourbon Street and had a VERY fun little birthday party there with cute little cupcakes and the biggest birthday present EVER?!? (Matthew got me a sports bag and mom could only find the LARGEST bag EVER to fit it. My parents also gave me some money for India...such a blessing. And Cindy gave me an adorable scarf) Don't I have great parents and wonderful friends?!?

Day 3- Matt and My Time
-Matt picked me up and brought me to Brown Bottle to celebrate. Although we spent most of the time listening to the very entertaining conversation of a senior boy on his way to prom, it was still wonderful! We got dessert to go and went to the top of the union and ate it. The only problem is that it was raining so we sat, me on his lap trying to stay dry under the umbrella and eating our desserts... on top of the union. We then went and finished Wolverine at his house.

Day 4- Friends Time
-On Sunday, a few of my friends took me out to Hu Hot for dinner! They blindfolded me and drove me around forever so that I had no idea where I was. Then they walked me blindfolded through the mall to the restaurant! Aren't they hilarious?!? It was so much fun to have this time with them and just enjoy each other.

Day 5- Triple the Fun
-The Actual Day: April 26th. This day started out at midnight when my roommates alarm went off, a tired little "happy birthday Amy" was heard and then the night of sleep continued. Then after my first class, my music friends decided that we shouldn't go to our next class so we skipped and went to Panera! :) Then during my next class, Nicole and Chris called so I just ran out of the room and got to talk to them... they also left me quite the HILARIOUS message this day! I got to also talk to my amazing brother, handsome father, and charming mother and each one of them had their own little additions into the day! I have the best family EVER! At 5:30, I was picked up again by Matt and brought on a triple date with our friends Abbey, Sky, Lauren, and Steven. Abbey and Lauren got me the cutest gift... a picnic present (stone pie dish, frisbee, picnic blanket, bubbles, pineapple, sparkling cider, glasses, glowing hair flower, etc) Then after dinner with them I went to bible study and Kristin, our leader, had made a birthday cake. This wasn't just for me since 4 of us have our birthdays within 2 weeks. It was wonderful celebrating this day with every one!

Thanks to all who called, texted, left messages, saw me, etc. You are all SO amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment