Search This Blog

Thursday, June 17, 2010

India...

I have officially made it to India. WOO HOO!!! Everything went very smoothly. I got to the airport at 4:00 for a 7:20 flight so that my parents could get out without much traffic, and just waited and waited. It went pretty fast actually. But then I got to the gate and they delayed departure till 7:45 and then 8:15 and then we didn't get on till around 8:45. Then we sat and sat and sat until 10:30 when we actually left.


The trip officially began. No turning back now. I sat by the cuttest little 2 year old and her mom. But for most of the trip, her mom sat with her other daughter so I got to have an adorable 2 year old laying with her head in my lap. It was so fun!



Finally I got to Delhi at about 11:00 p.m. on Tuesday their time. It took awhile to get my luggage but a nice man from Indianola, Iowa was actually there and helped me and made sure that I found Nicole.
It was a wonderful blessing. It was so much fun to see Nicole. We headed off to the hotel and got there quite easily and realized that we only had 3 1/2 hours to sleep till we had to get up for the train, but as probably expected, we talked and laughed and giggled and everything, getting only 1 hour of sleep.


The next day we got up, went to the train and road that from Delhi to Dehra Dun, after having to fight with a man to give us n unreasonable price to carry the luggage, riding with a train load of loud kids and almost getting off at the wrong stop.





But we made it! We quickly got into a taxi and started up the mountain, but not before doing some fun shopping. I got a sari! It was so much fun. They just took the saris and throw them out in front of you, so there was fabric going this way and that. The fabric looked like that of princesses. So fun!!


Finally we decided on one and made the rest of the horrible drive up the mountain. UGH! Chris walked in from work about 2 minutes after we got there. We just relaxed and went to bed WAY early. I think I slept for around 13 hours. Then today, we got up, got ready and went up to Chardukkah. A bunch of other teachers were there and we just ate and talked.




It was really fun to meet some of her friends and see everything, but oh my the altitude is horrible! Now we are back at their place and just getting organized and everything. This afternoon we are having a swimming party with some of her students. SO FUN! And that's about it! More to come in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment