Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kendall and Gary's Sneak Peek

Here is Kendall and Gary's love story told in Kendyl's own words:

"Years ago we met at Bully's sports bar, where I worked at and Gary would come in with friends. We were always friendly and would chat, but remained friends. Fast forward about 3 years and Gary came into the doctors office that I worked at for our U.P.S. delivery. We recognized each other and caught up for a short time until I went to lunch. When I returned there was a card with Gary's number on it. Unfortunately I was seeing somebody so I could not call him (even though I wanted to). Months later he came in to my work again, we said hello and talked but I knew he would not ask me out again, so when I saw him a couple of days later at a function in Sparks I made it a point to go up and talk to him and give lots of smiles... :) (flirting) He came into my work AGAIN a couple days later and asked me out to a super bowl party and the rest is history."
The proposal
We had planned a fun summer weekend get a way to go up to Tahoe for the Kenny Chesney concert. The morning of July 29th Gary was nervous or something and spilt my coffee, my yogurt I had for breakfast, and then when we were on the beach my sun tan lotion. I kept telling him he was butter fingers. Well we were at Zephyr cove and I went into the water to cool off, because it was so hot. I noticed that Gary had left for quite a while. When he returned I asked if he was ok as he started out to the water towards me. He came to me held out his hand and said "look what I found in the sand"! I looked at it and yelled " holy s*%t its a diamond ring"! He started laughing got down on a knee and said "will you marry me?" Of course I said yes, but was confused for a moment. (wait did the ring come from him finding it in the sand?) :) We enjoyed our moment for awhile because I was in shock!!!! When we walked back up to shore we hadn't noticed but the people on the beach had been watching and all clapped when we got to shore. Then we enjoyed our whole engagement weekend with a concert, wine tasting in Placerville and a San Francisco Giant's game. It could not have been more perfect!"

Kendall and Gary will be married next week at the fabulous, Three Ponds in Reno, Nevada. I am so excited and honored to assist them with their wedding. Watch for more details and wedding photos to follow.
For more information regarding wedding planning, design, or Day Of assistance, please contact Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning 775-786-1730 or visit www.lianemccoms.com


Photography courtesy of Stephanie Williams Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment