Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Interview With Howard Coleman, Professional Videographer



























I have had the recent pleasure working with superb local videographer, Howard Coleman, who is based out of South Lake Tahoe. With the hopes of answering some questions that brides might have when choosing a videographer, we share this interview.

Q. What is the name of your business?
A. Distinctive Video Productions

Q. What inspired you to do this type of business?
A. I got inspired the first time I did a wedding by the beauty of the day, the special day filled with promise and happiness; I liked being a part of that, and capturing those special moments. It really is quite an honor to be chosen as vendor on this special day; I don't take that lightly.

Q. What sets you apart from others in your industry?
A. A few things set me apart: I'm passionate about doing a great job; I'm creative, and technically skilled at my craft. Also, I try to set my prices reasonably for the quality I offer. I'm also easy to work with, and smile a lot, which tends to make the guests relax at a wedding, and not even notice me.

Q. Do you have a website? Address?
A. www.TahoeDistinctiveVideo.com phys. address: 2640 Rose Ave. South Lake Tahoe, CA. 96150

Q. What do you think brides should consider when choosing a videographer?
A. Besides the price, look at the videographer's work. Not all have the same skill in telling the story of your day, nor the same passion to do a great job. "You get what you pay for is usually true."
Also, pick all your vendors based on who you think you'd enjoy working with- who's easy to get along with- not only the bride and groom, but all the vendors. Who will go the "extra mile" to make your day special? I'm also fairly inconspicuous on your wedding day.
Brides constantly tell me, "How did you get those great shots? I didn't even know you were there."

Q. What geographical areas do you cover?
A.I cover all of Lake Tahoe, Reno, the Carson Valley, as well as Sacramento and Northern California.


Q. Anything else you want to add for our reader's information and interest?
A.Yes, I highly recommend you budget for a wedding video. Many brides spend lavishly on their big day, and it's OVER in a FLASH! Plus, as a bride, you're in a 'fog' that day. A video helps you see what you missed
in addition to recording it for those who couldn't be there. Call or e-mail with questions: I look forward to creating some wonderful wedding memories for you!

Thank you, Howard for sharing your passion of videography with my readers and followers. You are amazing at what you do, and we at Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning look forward to working with you again very soon! Liane




No comments:

Post a Comment