Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Palm Sunday Question...

This morning in church, the pastor preached on the Palm Sunday story. He went through Luke 19:28-44 and slowly described it in modern day terms so that we could all get a better picture of it. For example, when the disciples went to get the colt he said it was like grand theft auto..."uh why don't you guys just go steal this donkey and then if anyone catches you just say 'The Lord needs it.'" That type of modern day stuff.

But other than the sometimes hilarious aspects of his sermon there was also some seriousness as well. After reading about the praises that He walked through and then reading v. 41-42, ("As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it and said, "If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace-- but now it is hidden from your eyes.") he asked the question...

"If Christ were to walk through your praises and look over your life, would He weep?"

This caught me off guard and truly made me think. Do I 'praise' Christ for my own benefit and status as well as the other things in my life or are they purely for Christ alone? Do my praises and way of living make Him weep because I truly do not understand the reason and 'do' my actions because of my deep love for Christ?

-----------------------------------------------------

Side note: Verse 40 hit me too... "I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." Christ will be glorified whether I am part of that or not. It is a privilege given to each of us to have a relationship with Jesus and be a part of His plan."

No comments:

Post a Comment