Search This Blog

Monday, March 8, 2010

Chocolate Bowls... Medicine... and Simon Estes???

Here is the most random collection of posts EVER...

Post #1- Chocolate Bowls

I found a recipe online awhile ago for chocolate bowls and have LOVED trying to make them and perfect them! Rachel and I tried them the other weekend and they were a lot of fun, but were quite soft, so I tried something different.

Recipe:
Almond Bark
Balloons
COOKING SPRAY!!!

All you have to do is blow up some balloons, SPRAY THEM WITH COOKING SPRAY (I have forgotten this step both times and it makes it very difficult), and then dip them in almond bark (Rachel and I tried just chocolate but they were too soft and melted easily). Make sure that the almond bark isn't too hot otherwise the balloons will pop. It takes a few tries to get the right temp.

SO EASY HUH?!?

Then Rachel and I filled them with a cream cheese mixture and topped them off with fresh fruit. When I made the filling I used cream cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar, and chocolate pudding for the ones with brown filling.

Here are the finished products...




Post #2- Medicine

I got all of my shots and medications for India today! Another thing off the to-do list!!! Traveling is not cheap though. I hope this stuff really prevents me from getting whatever otherwise I just got ripped off. :)


Post #3- Simon Estes


As I walked into church yesterday, I was shocked as I saw who standing in the congregation, why no one but Simon Estes himself. I went up and got to meet him after wards and he told me that if I would ever like to sing/have a lesson with him, just to look him up and we could work something out. I was to say the least...ECSTATIC!!! (For those of you who don't know who Simon Estes is, he is nothing but a very famous opera singer!)


No comments:

Post a Comment