Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why?

Why?

This question has seemed to cover my thoughts lately? Why this? Why that? It is as if God is challenging me to not just take what I have always heard and believed for 'truth' but to ask why, as well as asking 'why' toward the subtle sins in my life.

Why does God call us not to sin?
Why does He have me where I am in life now?
Why am I so scared of doing HIS will and not my own?
Why are things given and then taken away?
Why do we always want what we don't have?
Why does God ask questions that He already knows the answer to?

Sometimes I am just amazed at the amount that I do not know. I may think that I have at least one answer to a question or problem and then God shows me that I really have no clue. This is ultimately a need to give COMPLETE control over to God in all areas. Be willing to say "I don't know" and give it up to Christ. Be willing to allow Him to take the reins. Basically it comes down to Proverbs 3:4-5 "Trust in God with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Any why question can be answered with this simple verse. It is not of my understanding but His alone! He is the ultimately the 'why' of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment