Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

happy etsy-versary



To celebrate Percy Handmade's one year Etsy-versary, I have decided to have a birthday sale! All items in stock are now 10% off for a limited time only - discount will be provided through PayPal after checkout.



I can't believe how quickly the past year has flown by. I can't believe it was only 14 months ago that I decided to teach myself how to sew. I first met my beloved sewing machine, Percy, when I asked my wonderful boyfriend for a sewing machine at Christmas in 2008. I had absolutely no idea how to use it or what I was going to make with it but for some reason I just knew I had to sew. After all, I had been collecting fabrics and trims for several years but I never really knew what to do with them all.

As soon as I started playing with Percy, it totally consumed me. I was hooked. There were a few challenges early on (almost a few tears) and it was definitely a love/hate relationship for the first few weeks. I would often find myself in the early hours of the morning trying to figure out how to insert a bobbin, I had no idea where the light bulb was, I could never find the manual when I needed it, and it didn't help that I was frustrated with myself because I couldn't sew a straight line without breaking needles... I was a complete disaster! But it wasn't too long before I figured out some of the basic functions and within two months, Percy Handmade was born.

Thank you to all of my wonderful customers for your support over the past year. It has been an absolute pleasure working with you all and I look forward to the year head!

No comments:

Post a Comment