Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

So close!


I am starting to realize how close the wedding is now.  It is 82 days away.  That's not very long at all.  Lately I've been going through a really impatient phase, but I think that I'm heading into a very content time which I'm excited about. But here's a peak into my reasons for being impatient (and a few reasons why I'm very happy to wait).

I am really excited to be married and to start Matt and my life together.  I am really excited to get to spend a week in North Carolina with him on the beach.  I am excited to get to have our own little home and make meals for him.  I am excited to not have to say good-bye at night.  I am excited to see how the Lord is going to use us together for His name.  I am excited to be Mrs. Farley.  I am excited to get to see him for more than 20 minutes every day.  I am excited to invite people over to OUR house to hang out.  I am excited to start actively working in our ministry as a unified couple.  I am excited to get all my new kitchen stuff.  I am excited to get to become even better friends with my already best friend.  I am excited to not have to drop him off at his dorm room at night and then make a cold drive and trek back to my room.  I am excited to be settled.  I am excited to get to know all the itty-bitty details about each other...which I'm sure will drive us crazy but will still be fun to find out.  I'm excited to gain a whole other family...officially.  I am excited to be Matt Farley's wife!

I am not excited to pay bills.  I am not excited to have to deal with insurance.  I am not excited to have to live apart (most likely for 3 days/week for a semester).  I am not excited to have to share my box of 'choice junk food' (may it be gushers, oreos, fruit roll ups, etc) and return to the cupboard with them half gone.  I am not excited to make that original shopping trip to the grocery store to buy all the staples (flour, sugar, spices, ketchup, etc) and have the bill be WAY TOO MUCH!  I am not excited for the laundry load to go up by 1.5 (seriously Matt has 1.5x more dirty clothes than I do).

Woo... let's do this thang!

No comments:

Post a Comment