Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2010

sewing space


One thing I have come to realise this past year is how important it is to have space to sew... and breathe! Since I opened my store last March, almost every room in our home has been taken over by all of my sewing supplies. In fact, as much as I don't want to admit this, I'm beginning to think our home is somewhat of a hazard!

I actually make all of my pieces in the dining room of our home because we just don't have the space. We live in a beautiful new 2 bedroom city apartment but every day I wish we had an extra room or two so I wouldn't have to sew in the main living areas. I really do feel really sorry for my poor wonderful partner who has had to sacrifice his own personal space so that I can complete orders and work on new pieces. Oh how I love him! (Thanks Honey xx)

I haven't been able to blog much these past few weeks because we have been eagerly house hunting! We're hoping to buy a pretty 3 or 4 bedroom home with a yard (we can finally get a puppy too!) so I can have some dedicated sewing areas.  But it's an exhausting exercise going from house to house... every weekend.... but it will be worth it in the end when we can finally use the dining table for it's intended purpose!

I am so excited at the prospect of finally have some extra room for Percy to live in. I can't wait to have a cutting room with a giant table so I can cut fabrics without bending over and straining my back and neck.... I can't wait to finally have a dedicated surface where I can sew and make things to my heart's content. I can't wait to have all of my beautiful fabrics and trim on display in a pretty cabinet... oh, I just can't wait!

I've been searching online for inspiration for how I can set up my cutting room and my sewing room. I was impressed by some of the arrangements I came across and I can't wait to finally do something similar myself! Yay + Yay = Yayness!



Fabric Studio Room by Heather Bailey

Craft Room by Benita

No comments:

Post a Comment