Search This Blog

Thursday, September 11, 2008

What Happened to my...





Recently, I was talking with my new twin, Monica. We could have talked for hours, actually we did. We could have talked for days, seriously, days!



She is amazing! If you don't read her blog, you should, and if you do, you are doing a good thing! Her wit and hilarity is, most of the time, exactly what I want to say, but just don't. But I am getting away from my point.



She mentioned a situation that happened recently at a wedding, and I just thought it was unfathomable. And the way she handled it was with grace and elegance. With a sense of professionalism that we would all be proud of!



And, recently, I received a phone call – my band canceled our event is this weekend, can you help me! The panic in this person’s voice was heart-wrenching, I just wanted to reach through the phone and hug them and make it better.



I made some phone calls and found a band in 20 minutes. I just felt like it was my job to make their wedding all better. But in this instance it wasn’t – they weren’t my client. Just some random Jane Doe that called, because she needed help. Should I have done it… well that’s the question…



What would you do? What would you as a bride expect me to do? What would you as a consultant do?

No comments:

Post a Comment