Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Second anniversary for Percy Handmade

This belated post is in recognition of a wonderful milestone Percy Handmade reached on 15 March 2011. This is a very significant date because it marks the second anniversary of all things Percy Handmade. Every day I pinch myself in sheer disbelief that I am able to do something that I truly love.  While I do work full time during the day which can be difficult when I'm juggling a number of large orders including custom requests, coming back home to work into the evening is something I love doing and I wouldn't swap for anything. I love every second of what I do and I would never have thought 2 years ago that I would be doing something which would bring me so much satisfaction, happiness and joy.  It has also provided me with some things that are just invaluable - self confidence, self sufficiency and quietly knowing that dreams do come true.

I would like to thank everyone who has made this possible for me. I would not be here if I didn't have the most wonderful and supportive customers who give me the motivation and encouragement to do what I do. I would not be here without my wonderful partner, my family and friends who have provided wisdom and perspective, a reassuring smile and words of encouragement when I need it. And of course, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Percy, my always reliable sewing machine who sits quietly in the corner when not in use, but to me is a symbol that I can make anything happen if I just put my mind to it...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment