Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Blogging Brides!



More on Amy F. from with the pixie grin... {she had our most hysterical post about "the girls"}



Cutting it out...





Hi there! It's been awhile, I know. Things are crazy..work, holidays..and other fun stuff...And of course with all that's going on, there is always a little wrench thrown in to keep it exciting..



So, I'll just cut right to it...My future MIL booked THE perfect spot for our rehearsal dinner. It's a fab little place I used to work at back in my serving days..actually, it's probably my most favorite workplace...ever. Not only were the people amazing to work with and for, but the food would literally melt in your mouth..I remember specifically the beeftataki , the salmon served with coconut rice, the pecan pie with the homemade molasses ice cream. sigh. I miss it y'all. For real. So...they have this gorgeous covered patio that is going to be perfect for what we thought was going to be around 30 people...



Ok, this is a problem. My future MIL says that we invite the bridal party, parents, and out of town guests. But..uh..that's over 60 people. I. am. not. kidding. So who gets the axe? And what if they are all catching up at the reception? I can just see it:



"Oh wasn't that dinner just wonderful last night?" (says Maw-maw from Florida)



"What dinner?" (Aunt So-and-so from somewhere across the Mississippi River)



"The rehearsal dinner, of course...didn't you go?" (Maw-Maw again)



"Oh. I wasn't invited." (poor Aunt So-and-so from across the Mississippi River)



Sigh. What do you think? There isn't enough room, let alone enough money to pay for 60 dinners. How do we decide? What would you do?



So ladies, what do you think, what would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment