Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ummm, well I know, but, I uh...


So, I went out for drinks with a photographer that I truly admire, and I work with quite a bit. I asked her if having a Wedding Consultant at her weddings helped her weddings go more smoothly. And she adamantly agreed that they do. And then I asked her what she thought I did - and she really couldn't answer. She knew that I made her weddings go much more smoothly, the timing was better, brides weren't late - but couldn't quite answer what I do.

I think this is a more common issue than we know. I actually scheduled a first appointment with her as if she was a bride, I'll let you know how it goes - I am actually excited for it!

Do you think that other vendors know that Wedding Consultants help them tremendously, but don't actually know how much we do? I was thinking of starting an education campaign for vendors in our area - You are great at what you do, and so I am.... sort of thing. Maybe not that brash...
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the vendors really know what we do... am I off base completely?

No comments:

Post a Comment